2017 Award Results
- Impressions Supreme Award: Sally Barron, "Violet II"
- PANZ Nelson Bays Best Pastel: Vicki Jackson, "Solace"
- Winsor & Newton Merit Award: Gavin Chai, "Falling Particles Under Light and Shadow"
- Golden Artist Colour Merit Award: Rhonye Mcilroy, "Conflict,Capt.J.Cook Poverty Bay New Zealand 8 October 1769"
- Daler Rowney Merit Award: Christine Wingels, "Maturation".
- NBS Peoples Choice Award: Vicki Jackson, "Solace"
Impressions are proud to sponsor this national art award
open to all New Zealand residents
The 2017 Awards were organised and managed by the newly-formed Tasman Art Focus Group. This year’s organising panel was led by nationally recognised Ruby Coast artist printmaker, Graeme Stradling and supported by fellow artist Glenys Forbes. Lewis Della Bosca of Impressions also provided input into the group.
Selected works are on display at Impressions until the end of October.
Conditions and Entry Criteria for 2017
- Open to all New Zealand Residents
- For paintings (wet and dry media) drawings and original prints
- Photographic and digitally created media are excluded and the essential component of any mixed media work must be painted, drawn or hand-printed
- Print works must be original to the artist and created by the artist's own hand
- Works on paper must be glazed and framed to a professional standard
- Work entered must have been created within the last two years, have not been completed as part of a class, nor been a prize-winner in any other competition
- Selection is by email photograph. Applicants may submit up to 3 works for consideration. Each selected work is subject to a $20 entry fee (no fee is levied for works not selected)
- Artworks must be available for sale and are subject to a commission of 30%
- Insurance of works both in transit and for the duration of the exhibition is the responsibility of the artist
- All selected entries will be considered for the main prize and three merit prizes to be selected by a panel of 3 judges using the criteria of creative and technical excellence
- The organisers reserve the right to use images of selected works for promotional purposes of these and future Art Awards
- Upon conclusion of the Awards exhibition, a selection of entered works will be displayed at Impressions Picture Framers and Art Supplies, Sundial Square, Richmond until 29th October